100% cotton England Rugby T-shirt with rugby ball, flag and rose of England logo on the front along with "The Bruisers of England " quotation. On the back is the full "On, on, you noblest English" quotation by Shakespeare along with a small St George Cross.
The full quotation on the front design is -
" Let no one sneer at the bruisers of England - What were the gladiators of Rome or the bull fighters of Spain, in its palmist days, compared to England's bruisers?" - George Borrow (1803-1881) - English Writer
The full quotation on the back design is -
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead!
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard favoured rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect.
On, on you noblest English!
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof;
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought,
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument.
And you, good yeomen,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here the mettle of your pasture.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit; and upon this charge
Cry "God for Harry! England and Saint George".
William Shakespeare (Henry V - Henry urges his men into the attack at the Siege of Harfleur)
- 100% cotton premium quality T-shirt
- Printed, bagged and finished in Nottingham, England
- Rugby ball, flag and Rose of England design
- "Bruisers of England" George Borrow quote to front
- Shakespeare "On, on you noblest English" quote and St George Cross design to back
- Weight: 185gsm.
- Size (to fit) - Small: 34/36", Medium: 38/40", Large: 42/44", XLarge: 46/48", XXLarge: 50/52", XXXLarge: 54/56", XXXXLarge: 58/60"
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.